Over the past 11 years Etsy has offered an easy-to-use platform for artists and craftsmen all over the world to turn their passions into a business – and we ADORE them for that! Some of my absolute favorite gifts I’ve given during the holiday season have been from Etsy. I stumble upon items that are thoughtfully personalized and incredibly unique – gifts you can’t easily find elsewhere. Taking out the middleman (and a higher mark-up), your purchase goes directly to the makers – so really, it’s a win win – and you can feel good about supporting the little guy. From Brooklyn to Lithuania, we’ve found some amazing Etsy shops that we are so excited to share with you. Starting at $12, we’ve chosen some great gift options, so without further ado, here is our Etsy Holiday gift round-up:
1. Etta + Billie Cold Brew Mint Coffee Soap: Perfect for coffee and soap lovers alike! With a sticker price of only $12, this lovely soap is a super affordable gift. Featuring San Francisco’s Ritual Roasters coffee, this soap is handcrafted using organic ingredients. And if you aren’t into the mint/coffee thing – they have a bunch of other wonderful smelling soaps and bath and body items to choose from on their Etsy Shop.
2. Infinity Scarf by Gazur: Gazur’s Co-Owners Shahar and Noam create ethical and eco-conscious designs. With an upcycled detachable leather band, this double-looped two-toned scarf is a cozy and stylish gift for both the men and women in your lives. Priced at $43.81.
3. Foodie Dice by from Two Tumbleweeds: This just might be my personal favorite on the list! I don’t know about you, but my husband and I always have the most difficult time deciding what to make for dinner. This Foodie Dice set just might be the answer to our prayers. It completely takes the decision making out of the equation. Not to mention it can make a great gift for the foodie OR the cooking challenged loved one in your life. Simply roll the dice and see what’s for dinner! Sets start at $17.
4. Concrete Planter/Pencil Holder/Vase by BetonDeko: From flooring to decor items – we are completely in love with concrete these days. Multi-functional, this gift can be used as a vase, pencil holder or planter! And the metallic strip adds the perfect pop of shimmer. Designer Daiva also has many other beautiful concrete decor items in her Etsy Shop. Priced at $13.14. Note: If you really want to get one of her designs as a gift in time for the holidays, make sure to order it as soon as possible because it can take between 10-21 business days to ship to the U.S., Canada and Australia from Lithuania.
5. Carrara White Marble Hexagon Coasters from HelloPosh: It’s no question that white marble has taken the design world by storm! These beautiful coasters make a wonderful inexpensive gift (a set of 4 for $28). If marble doesn’t do it for you – HelloPosh also makes gorgeous agate coasters as well.
6. Teak Cutting Board Hand Carved by Two Tumbleweeds: This creative sister team made our list again because, well, we just LOVE their designs! We believe every home can use at least one rustic piece – wood adds warmth and an organic touch to any space. And let’s be honest, this beautiful hand carved cutting board blows plastic ones right out of the water! It can also be used as a cheese/charcuturie platter or you can add it as a decorative element to your kitchen counter backsplash – the reddish brown hue is divine. Priced at $39.
7. Obiekt’s Marble Wall Clock: This may be the priciest item ($150) on our list, but for the decor lover in your life, it just might be the perfect gift! We especially love the emerald green color, but it also comes in white, black and light mint green marble. Note: We suggest only getting this item for someone whose decor style you know very well. Since this is an item that is to be hung in the home, you don’t want to risk getting them something that doesn’t fit their home decor.
8. Fireplace Double-Wick Soy Candle from Brooklyn Candle Studio: Reminiscent of a crackling fire, this heavenly candle comes beautiful wrapped in a black and gold foil stamped box. And if this scent isn’t to your liking – don’t fret – Brooklyn Candle Studio has a plethora of different scents to choose from in their Etsy Shop. Priced at $40.
Closing thoughts: We know there can be a lot of pressure during the Holiday Season to get the right gifts; just know this – no matter what you give, what your loved ones cherish most is having YOU in their lives. And besides, pressure, stress, and not living in the moment are joy killers, and the holidays are supposed to be joyful! Wishing you a happy, healthy and joy-filled holiday season from all of us at Modern Sanctuary!